Leipzig, 7 November 2023 – EEX Group reports its October 2023 volumes with the following highlights:
- Total trading volume on global power markets of EEX Group in October 2023 doubled on a Year-on-Year basis, reaching 880.7 TWh, with European power derivatives continuing the growth path and registering 570.5 TWh in the month, a 191% growth YoY.
- Almost all individual European power derivatives markets have seen a triple-digit growth compared to last October, with Greek Power Futures registering the highest growth rate.
- The EPEX power spot markets grew by 26% YoY, with new records at several intraday (GB, NL, BE) and day-ahead (GB, SE) markets.
- EEX Group’s natural gas markets amounted to 633.9 TWh in total, an 11% increase YoY. The EEX Natural Gas Derivatives markets volumes increased by 50%, partly driven by exceptional growth in Spanish gas futures (PVB: +184%).
- EEX Group’s European environmental markets expanded by 91%, including a 310% growth in EUA Futures and 515% in secondary market EUA Spot, following the implementation of a new market maker scheme, which had a positive impact on the order books.
Please find the full volume report attached as well as on our website.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE), GET Baltic Exchange and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-300