EEX Group reports its July 2023 volumes with the following highlights:
- The total volume on the global power markets of EEX Group increased 44% to 605.4 TWh YoY, comprising a 52% growth at European power derivatives trading volumes and a 15% plus at the EPEX Power Spot Markets.
- Trading in Japanese power futures expanded by 398% compared to last year’s volumes, with continued trading of the recently introduced new daily power futures.
- Nodal Exchange's power derivatives trading volumes increased by 39%.
- On the gas futures markets, EEX recorded a growth in French (+51%) and Italian (+42%) natural gas futures, despite a slight decrease in overall gas derivatives volumes (-2%)
- Baltic-Finnish gas futures traded on the GET Baltic exchange significantly increased from 3.7 GWh in June to 13.4 GWh in July (+260%).
- EEX’s environmental markets saw an increase of 17% at overall trading.
- Trading volumes on the EEX freight markets continue to increase (overall +66%), both at futures (+28%) and options (+214%).
Please find the full report attached as well as here.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE), Get Baltic Exchange and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-300