EEX Group reports its March 2023 volumes with the following highlights:
- Overall trading volume in the global EEX Group Power Markets in March 2023 was 7% above the same period of 2022, registering a total of 760.1 TWh. This is the first time in 12 months with a growth on a year-on-year basis, indicating increasing confidence and the return of previous trading levels.
- The European Power Spot Market, operated by EPEX SPOT, increased by 25% in trading volume YoY, reaching a total of 65.2 TWh, and showing a continued growth from February. Both Day-Ahead and Intraday Markets trading registered growth, with 18% and 53%, respectively.
- The overall EEX European Power Derivatives Market trading volume reached 423 TWh in March, a 20% increase YoY, and a significant uptake from previous months across the European markets.
- Trading in Japanese Power Futures showed continued growth YoY, with 110% up compared to the same month in 2022, and trading volumes at 1.2 TWh in March 2023.
- The EEX Group’s Global Gas Markets have continued with an overall growth of 4%, with a total of 672.2 TWh traded in the month.
- Trading on the European Gas Spot Markets increased by 21% while European Gas Derivatives Markets showed a decrease of 15%.
- French PEG was one of the drivers on the gas derivatives markets, with an increase of 116% YoY.
- US gas derivatives markets by Nodal expanded by 334% compared to previous year.
- Trading in Dry Bulk Freight markets in March 2023 has seen an overall growth of 45% (100,940 contracts), with both Freight Options (+236%) and Freight Futures (+30%) reporting an increase YoY.
- In March, a trading volume of 4,082 contracts was reached in Dairy Futures, a 20% growth compared to the same period last year.
- Dairy Futures trading has developed well in recent months. The first quarter of 2023 has seen a record of 13,544 contracts at trading volumes, a 7 % increase over the previous quarterly record achieved in Q4 2022 (12,660 contracts). At Skimmed Milk Powder (SMP) trading, a record of 8,712 contracts was registered for the first quarter of the year, a 2 % growth over the record in the last quarter of 2022 (8,569 contracts).
Please find the full report attached as well as on our website.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-300
email@example.com | www.eex.com