If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
2-day comprehensive exchange trading course + EEX trader exam
The 2-day Comprehensive Exchange Trading Course is designed specifically for participants who want to take up exchange trading or develop further professionally. They gain comprehensive knowledge regarding exchange trading at EEX.
Once you have successfully passed the two-day face-to-face comprehensive exchange trading course, you are entitled to trade at the EEX spot and derivatives markets. Furthermore, all participants receive a certificate confirming attendance on the course and successful passing of the relevant examination.
Please note: The EEX trader exam is only required for the admission for trading at EEX.
For further information on admission criteria of the EEX Group members, please contact:
- ECC: firstname.lastname@example.org | +49 341 24680-261
New: The exam preparation tool is included!
Structure of the 2-day comprehensive exchange trading course
- The Development of Exchange Trading
- Basic Structures & Conditions
- General trading and settlement processes
- Tradable Physical Spot Market Products
- Tradable Derivatives Market Products
- Financial Futures
- Physical Futures
- Future on Emission Rights
- Options on Power Futures
- Trading Processes
- Published Exchange Prices
- Give-up and Take-up Functionality in the Derivatives Market
- Trade Registration Function
- Trading Limits
- Calculation of Margin Requirements
2. System training
All participants receive a login for the e-learning system training. Focus on the specialist knowledge required for using the EEX trading systems. Please note that the e-learning system training is mandatory and you have to complete at least one of the following modules in order to be allowed to write the examination:
- Logging onto and setting up the system
- Order book overview and depth
- Order input mask and order administration
- Trades executed
- System messages and other system functions
Please note: You do not have to take part in the system training course if you can provide proof that you have operated in exchange trading or have gathered experience in working with a multilateral trading system over a period of at least six months during the last two years preceding the submission of the application.
The examination for the comprehensive exchange trading course consists of one exam which takes 75 minutes. It covers a number of areas around exchange trading, which is relevant for admission, as well as additional questions. Once you have passed the examination part, which is mandatory for admission, you are entitled to trade at the EEX spot and derivatives markets.
Dates & Registration
14. – 15.09.2021
12. – 13.10.2021
26. – 27.10.2021
09. – 10.11.2021
01. – 02.12.2021
|2-day comprehensive exchange trading course||EUR 2,000.00 per participant|
|Additional fee for in-house courses**|
|Leipzig||EUR 1,675.00 per event|
|Germany||EUR 2,350.00 per event|
|Europe||EUR 3,700.00 per event|
All prices exclusive of value-added tax (where applicable).
The General Terms and Conditions of European Energy Exchange AG (EEX) apply for services rendered in the context of training courses.
* Persons who prove that they have been assigned with the supervision of exchanges or central counterparties on a professional basis may participate in the 2-day comprehensive exchange trading course including the examination free of charge. In these cases no certificate will be issued. However, after having paid the full fee these persons are free to request the certificate within three years after they have taken the examination.
** These costs are charged in addition to the fees for the training course. Further venues available on request.
It is possible to combine this training with other training courses. Please contact the Training & Education Department (email@example.com) for further information.