MiFID II / MIFIR Reporting
Position Reporting – Overview
- As part of MiFID II, there is an obligation for EEX and Powernext to submit a daily/weekly position report to the relevant National Competent Authorities (NCAs), e.g. BaFin/AMF (Article 58, paragraph 1).
- EEX/Powernext will leverage ECC position data to generate a draft report with all the information available for each exchange member (NCM)
- Exchange members are required to support the position reporting of the trading venues (Article 58, paragraph 3) and can do so using the regulatory reporting solution of EEX Group.
- Members can access and amend the draft reports provided by the regulatory reporting service of EEX Group.
- Members only need to contribute additional information not available to the exchange (for non-investment firms this will include the hedge/spec flag).
- Investment firms have the obligation to submit own position reports to NCAs
- Split-up of positions on client level can be created based on the draft reports generated by EEX.
- Reporting of off-exchange positions is supported (for derivatives listed at EEX/Powernext).
Position Reporting – Standard Workflow
- Reports are automatically generated based on ECC position data, member static data and default values provided by the member.
- EEX provides draft reports for amendment or replacement by the member on SFTP.
- Members can optionally amend report data.
- Reports are automatically submitted to the National Competent Authority (NCA) using the access infrastructure of the Regulatory Reporting Hub (RRH) of Deutsche Börse AG.
Member Access to Draft Reports
|14/12/2017||Examples MiFID Reporting EEX Group (173 KB)||ZIP|
|29/09/2017||ITS4 Schema File (With Extensions) and Sample Files (8 KB)||ZIP|
|24/07/2017||ITS4 final version (esma70-872942901-3_final_report_-_draft_its_4.pdf) (364 KB)|
© 2017 European Energy Exchange AG