EMIR Trade Reporting
EMIR, the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EU) No 648/2012 of the European Parliament and of the Council on OTC derivatives, specifies reporting obligations for counterparties and CCPs (central counterparties).
Who needs to report?
- Counterparties / Non-Clearing Members and Clearing Members) active on the derivatives markets
- Central Counterparties (CCPs)
What needs to be reported?
- Details of any derivative contract concluded
- Any modification or termination of the contract
- Duplication is to be avoided
Where do I have to report to?
- Trade repository (REGIS-TR)
When do I have to report?
- No later than the working day following the conclusion, modification or termination of the contract (t+1)
Where do I find the concrete text of the regulation?
The complete text of EMIR is available under this link.
Please pay special attention to Article 9.
© 2017 European Energy Exchange AG