The natural gas markets of EEX Group are operated by Powernext under the “PEGAS” brand. The trading platform covers spot and derivatives market products for the Austrian, Belgian, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian and UK gas market areas.
"The gas derivatives market enables trading participants to hedge against future price risks in a secure way, while the spot market provides 24/7 trading for the short-term optimisation of physical portfolios."
Tobias Lucht, Senior Expert Gas
PEGAS was launched in 2013 as a cooperation between EEX and Powernext. In the framework of this cooperation, both companies combined their natural gas market activities on one platform. From January 2015, all business activities of EEX and Powernext on the European gas markets are operated by Powernext under the PEGAS brand.
Advantages of trading Natural Gas at EEX
- All products tradable on one platform based on Trayport® ETSSM
- Exchange trading and Trade Registration
- Cleared location spreads between different market areas
- Cleared time spreads within the same market area
- 24/7 trading on all natural gas spot markets
- Harmonised and standardised trading and settlement processes on all products
- Cross-margining benefits from the common clearing house ECC
- Improved time-to-market for new products and services
- Products tailored to customer needs
- Customer service on site ensures close contact with market participants and national authorities
|Spot Market, PEGAS||Germany (GASPOOL and NCG market areas), France (PEG Nord and TRS market areas), Belgium (ZEE and ZTP market areas), the Netherlands (TTF market area), UK (NBP market area), Denmark (market area ETF), Austria (market area CEGH VTP)|
|Derivatives Market, PEGAS||Natural Gas Futures: Germany (GASPOOL and NCG market areas), France (PEG Nord and TRS market areas), Belgium (ZEE and ZTP market areas), Italy (PSV market area), the Netherlands (TTF market area), UK (NBP market area)|
Market Areas and Location Spreads
© 2017 European Energy Exchange AG