Emissions Secondary Market
Fee waiver for new members
For new members, EEX is waiving membership fees and up to three technical accesses for the first membership year.
Secondary market – Standard fee structure
Combined trading and clearing fee, in €/lot (1 lot = 1,000 allowances)
Spot & Trade registration
- For Options with a premium below 15 ct/EUA only 50 % of the standard fees are charged.
- No exercise fee will be charged for EUA Options.
- Delta hedge incentive: Trading fee for delta hedges will be waived.
- Trades from clients placing bids in the Futures order book (initiators) will be completely free of charge.
- Only clients hitting a bid („aggressor“) will be charged
Secondary market – Volume rebate programme1
Reduction of the total combined trading & clearing fee
< 5,000 lots/month
≥ 5,000 lots/month
Spot, Futures, Spreads &
discount on standard fee
- 50% discount on total monthly trading volume, if exceeding 5,000 lots/month.
- All trades on the secondary market are counted for the monthly volume threshold.
1Includes trading activity on the secondary market in any types of instruments (EUA, EUAA, CER), spot & futures, screen-traded & trade registration, initiated & aggressed volumes
The fees for trading on EEX consists of the annual fees, technical fees and transaction fees.
Type of membership
Fee in € per annum
Trading in all EEX products
Trading in emission allowances and participation in trading in Guarantees of Origin
Participation in primary market auctions of EU Emission Allowances on the Spot Market only
Without trading rights, limited term of three months
Technical Access Fees
The costs for the standard frontend EEX TT Screen amount to 1,800 € per year and trader.
© 2016 European Energy Exchange AG