Emissions Secondary Market
"EEX has established itself as the leading auction platform for emission allowances in the EU ETS. We offer spot trading and the full forward curve as well as all related spread products on the secondary market to meet market demand."
Christian Fleischer, Key Account Manager Power & Environmental Markets
Secondary Market Enhancements
- Market makers: New market makers quote both EEX’s Emissions spot & futures market
- Pricing scheme:
- No fees are charged to initiators on the future market
- 50 percent discount if total monthly volume is above 5 mn t
- Only one leg charged for spot/future spreads
- Trading frontend: State-of-the-art trading with the EEX TT Screen
- Products: Full forward curve (incl. monthly and quarterly futures) & related spreads (e.g. spot/future spreads) available
Advantages of trading emission allowances on EEX
- Access to the emissions trading scheme for EU ETS allowances (EUA, EUAA) and Kyoto credits (CER)
- Fulfilment of corporate emissions trading commitments and hedging of emission allowance costs
- Participation in EEX primary market auctions held on behalf of the European Commission/25 EU member states as well as for Germany and Poland
Markets & products
Unique access to emissions auctions on 4 days/week plus continuous trading on one single exchangeMost liquid power market in Europe, closely tied to emissions
|Participants||Strong client base in emissions markets, including utilities, industrials and financial players alike|
|Price quality||Best market price ensured by several market makers in both emissions Spot and Futures market|
|Fees||Most competitive fee structure in Europe|
Multiple connectivity solutions, EEX TT Screen and all major ISVs supported (Trayport, Fidessa, FFastfill)State-of-the-art trading screen with sophisticated trading functionalities
|STP||Easy straight-through processing|
Cost-efficiency through cross-margining, especially valuable when trading emissions alongside power and gasEUAs accepted as collateral reduce initial margin costs
|Customer Support||Strong Customer focus and personal assistance through account managers in London, Paris, Milan, Leipzig|
EEX Emissions Trading at a Glance
EEX has offered trading of emission allowances since 2005. It runs a secondary market for continuous trading of EU ETS allowances (EUA, EUAA) and Kyoto credits (CER).
EEX also conducts large-scale primary auctions for emission allowances on behalf of the European Commission and 25 EU member states as well as Germany and Poland, which are held on up to five days per week. In addition, EEX was reappointed as Germany’s permanent auction platform.
EEX has established its position as a reliable auction platform and developed a competitive secondary market.
© 2017 European Energy Exchange AG