As the leading auction platform within the EU ETS, EEX provides the main purchase channel for financials and compliance buyers. Furthermore, EEX operates a growing spot and derivatives market for EUAs, EUAAs and CERs.
Why trade in environmental markets on EEX?
In trading emissions at EEX, customers benefit from:
- highly attractive transaction fees and schemes
- the best delivery process, completely free of charge and without clearing bank involvement
- same-day delivery
- extensive supply through almost daily large-scale emissions auctions
- tight bid-ask spread by several market makers
- state-of-the-art trading with the sophisticated trading functionalities of the EEX TT screen
- multiple connectivity solutions - all major ISVs are supported (Trayport, Fidessa, Fastfill, Trading Technologies)
- STP Trade Registration for all major brokers
- cross-margining when trading emissions alongside power and gas
EEX has been offering trading of emission allowances since 2005. EEX offers auctions for primary emission allowances as well as a liquid secondary market.
Emissions Spot, Futures & Options
EEX offers trading of EU ETS allowances (EUA, EUAA) and Kyoto credits (CER), as well as related spreads on the Spot, Futures and Options Market.
The emissions market is constantly evolving. Stay up to date on the latest developments in our emissions products and services.
© 2017 European Energy Exchange AG