EEX Group reports its August volumes with following highlights:
- The trading volume on the European Power Spot market amounted to 50.4 TWh in August with the Intraday markets increasing by 13% to a total volume of 10.7 TWh.
- The EEX European Power Derivatives market reached a volume of 259.1 TWh which is -17% as against August 2021, but an 7% increase compared with July 2022. EEX reported increases in Italian (+28%) and Belgian (+11%) as well as Dutch Power Futures (+166%), while the latter reached a new monthly record.
- EEX Japanese power volumes increases by 24% to 877.9 GWh while the US Power Derivatives volume declined by 36%.
- EEX Group’s global Natural Gas market achieved an increase of 216%, reaching a total trading volume of 574.9 TWh.
- The EEX Natural Gas Spot reached a new monthly high with 296.8 TWh. This development was driven by the majority of the trading hubs with significant increases in the German THE (+274%) and the French PEG (+51%), both setting new records.
- The EEX Natural Gas Derivatives markets more than tripled in comparison to August 2021 to reach 276.7 TWh, with strong increases across all market areas.
- Trading in the European Environmental markets saw a spike by 17% to 59.2 million tonnes of CO2.
- Overall, the Spot market volumes increased by 12%, while volumes on the European Emissions Derivatives increased by 27%.
- US Environmental products reached a trading volume of 19,001 contracts.
- The EEX Dry Freight market reported a total volume of 72,677 lots with Freight Options growing by 36% as against August 2021.
- Trading in EEX European Agricultural products doubled, reaching a total of 5,079 contracts.
- European Dairy Futures increased by 108% to 2,581 contracts and European Processing Potato Futures grew by 104% to 2,498 contracts.
Please click here to access the full EEX Group Monthly Volume report. The full report is also attached to this E-Mail.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com