EEX Group reports its July volumes with following highlights:
- The European Power Spot market achieved a trading volume of 50.5 TWh in July with the Intraday markets increasing by 8% to a total volume of 10.8 TWh.
- The EEX European Power Derivatives market reached a volume of 241.2 TWh with increases in various markets: Italian Power Futures (+32%), Dutch Power Futures (+130%), Austrian Power Futures (+71%) and Swiss Power Futures (+1,060%). Power Options also increased by 168% to a volume of 3.5 TWh.
- The US Power market, operated by Nodal Exchange, reached a trading volume of 128.4 TWh which marks an increase of 32%.
- EEX Group’s global Natural Gas market achieved an increase of 226%, reaching a total trading volume of 621.5 TWh.
- The EEX Natural Gas Spot market volume more than doubled in comparison to July 2021. This development was driven by the majority of the trading hubs, e.g. the Czech CZ (+220%), the British NBP (+508%) and the French PEG (+117%). Additionally, both the German THE (+136%) and the Belgian ZTP hub (+187%) reached new monthly records.
- The EEX Natural Gas Derivatives markets grew more than five times in comparison to July 2021 to reach 351.6 TWh. Trading on the German THE (85.6 TWh), the French PEG (27.9 TWh), the Spanish PVB hub (7.4 TWh) and the Belgian ZTP hub (13.5 TWh) resulted in new monthly records.
- Trading on the European Emissions Spot market amounted to 56.0 million tonnes of CO2. The Secondary Spot market increased by 42%.
- The European Emissions Derivatives market amounted to 32.6 million tonnes of CO2 which marks an increase of 47%.
- US Environmental products more than doubled by reaching 21,793 contracts.
- The EEX Dry Freight market reached a volume of 59,027 lots with Freight Options being the main growth driver (+144% as against July 2021).
- The EEX European Agricultural products increased by 86% to a total trading volume of 6,246 contracts.
- European Dairy Futures doubled to a volume of 3,757 contracts, driven by the strong performance of Skimmed Milk Powder Futures (+130%) and Butter Futures (+43%).
- European Processing Potato Futures increased by 69% to 2,489 contracts.
Please find the full EEX Group Monthly Volume report attached.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com