Power Spot Market Europe
Gas Spot Market Europe
Environmental Products Europe
Environmental Products US
Please find the detailed figures attached to the press release.
- On the Intraday power markets, a total volume of 10.1 TWh was traded in January 2020, gaining 46% year on year. The Austrian, Belgian, German continuous, French, GB continuous and Dutch spot markets all registered record volumes, which made it possible to pass the 10 TWh mark for the first time.
- The power derivatives markets reported a double-digit growth with the Hungarian market doubling its volumes to 16.1 TWh and French futures increasing by 92%.
- At 179.5 TWh, the US power futures continued their strong development and increased by 57% compared to January 2019.
- The gas spot segment reported 135.9 TWh in January 2020, driven by the good performance of the TTF hub which increased by 18% y-o-y to 54.7 TWh (46.5 TWh in Jan’19). This was its second best month behind May 2019 (66.9 TWh).
- The volumes traded on the gas derivatives segment more than doubled compared to January 2019 and reached 116.6 TWh. Here again, the Dutch TTF largely contributed to this excellent results, followed by the CEGH VTP which reported a 121% increase to 6.1 TWh.
- The freight segment continued its significant growth, reaching a new monthly record with 47,239 contracts registered in January 2020 (previous record: 15,436 in Dec’19).
EEX Group provides market platforms for energy and commodity products across the globe and provides access to a network of more than 600 trading participants. The group offers trading in energy, environmental products, freight, metal and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services. EEX Group consists of the trading venues European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and the clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX is a member of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com