EEX Group reports its June volumes with the following highlights:
- The European Power Spot market increased by 5% to a total trading volume of 50.4 TWh during the last month, largely driven by the development of the Intraday Market which increased by 12% to 10.5 TWh. The Dutch and the Belgian Intraday Markets reached new monthly records with volumes of 737.3 GWh and 301.7 GWh respectively.
- The Japanese Power Derivatives market increased by 155% to a trading volume of 933 GWh which marks its second highest volume since launching in May 2020.
- The US Power market remained steady with 175.3 TWh traded.
- The EEX Natural Gas Spot market reached a volume of 260.3 TWh, which marks an increase of 143%.
- This development was driven by strong increases in all trading hubs with the German THE hub reaching a new monthly record (80.9 TWh).
- The EEX Natural Gas Derivatives market volume more than tripled, reaching 244.1 TWh.
- Growth drivers were the Dutch TTF, the German THE, the French PEG and the Austrian CEGH hub. In addition, the Belgian ZTP hub reached a monthly record with 4.5 TWh traded.
- The US Gas Derivatives market increased by 141% to a volume of 7.1 TWh.
- The US Environmental products reached a volume of 20,669 contracts which marks an increase of 26%.
- In June, Nodal Exchange successfully launched products for the Voluntary Carbon Market in collaboration with IncubEx and Net Zero Markets with first trades registered.
- The EEX Dry Freight market achieved a trading volume of 63,617 lots during the last month, driven by Freight Options, which amounted to 8,925 lots (+24%).
- EEX Agricultural products continued their growth path with an increase of 35% to reach 4,571 contracts, driven by both European Processing Potato Futures (+18%) and European Dairy Futures (+46%).
Please click here to access the full EEX Group Monthly Volume report. The full report is also attached to this E-Mail.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 800 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software companies KB Tech and Lacima. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-216