EEX Group today reports its August volumes including the following highlights.
- European Power Spot up 6% to 50.4 TWh y-o-y driven by both Day-Ahead (+6%)
and Intraday (+3%) markets
- Power Derivatives in Europe reported double-digit growth to 313.7 TWh driven by:
- Record volumes on Nordic markets achieving 3.4 TWh
- Triple-digit growth on Belgian, Austrian and Swiss markets
- Options almost doubled to 12.7 TWh
- Record number of contracts cleared for Japan Futures with a growing number of new participants: 988 contracts traded along the curve in August amounting to 707 GWh.
- US Power Derivatives increased by 28% to 164.1 TWh
- Great performance on both Spot (+15% to 111.5 TWh) and Derivatives (+47% to 70.6 TWh) European markets:
- On Spot markets: Double and triple-digit growth for the majority of hubs
- On Derivatives markets: German GASPOOL volumes almost grew 6 fold compared to August 2020 and Dutch TTF up 48%
- Strong development for EGSI Futures including:
- Record participation on Friday 27 August: 270 contracts traded representing 10% of overall TTF Derivatives that day
- First trade registered on the Austrian CEGH
- North American environmental markets rose by 176% to a new record volume of 31,703 contracts (previous record in February 2021: 29,580 contracts)
- Dry Freight markets up 60% to 87,988 lots driven by Freight Futures which almost doubled to 76,868 lots
Please click here to access the full EEX Group Monthly Volume report.
EEX Group builds secure, successful and sustainable commodity markets worldwide – together with its customers. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services, connecting a network of more than 750 trading participants. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and software company KB Tech. Clearing is provided by EEX Group’s clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is based in 17 worldwide locations and is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com
EEX Public Relations
T +49 341 2156-216
T +33 1 73 03 76 52