Significant increases across majority of portfolio
Power Spot Market Europe
Gas Spot Market Europe
Environmental Products Europe
Environmental Products US
- The power spot market increased by 15% to 53.7 TWh. This was largely driven by the solid performance on the Intraday market which grew by 44% compared to 2019.
- The rise in the European power derivatives markets was mainly due to the excellent performance in French (+50%) and Spanish Futures (+21%) as well as Hungary (+123%) which continues to establish itself as the new liquidity hub in the CEE region. Furthermore, with 410 GWh traded in February, EEX achieved a new monthly record in GB Futures
- The gas spot segment reported a total monthly volume of 121.2 TWh with the TTF achieving its second best ever monthly volume with 56.2 TWh traded.
- Volumes of 109.7 TWh were traded on the gas derivatives segment which increased by 78% compared to February 2019. This was mainly driven by the performance of the CEGH and TTF hubs, which reported 8.3 TWh (+125% y-o-y) and 91.4 TWh (+ 91% y-o-y) respectively
- In February 2020, the European Environmental products reported double-digit growth (+16%) with 106 million tonnes of CO2 traded throughout the month.
- The freight segment continued into 2020 with another record breaking performance, registering a total of 49,839 lots throughout the month. This represents almost 10 times the volume of contracts registered in February 2019 (5,100 contracts).
EEX Group provides market platforms for energy and commodity products across the globe and provides access to a network of more than 600 trading participants. The group offers trading in energy, environmental products, freight, metal and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services. EEX Group consists of the trading venues European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and the clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX is a member of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com