Power Spot Market Europe
Gas Spot Market Europe
Environmental Products Europe
Environmental Products US
Key achievements in March
- The power spot market reached a total volume of 54 TWh, driven by the performance on the Intraday market which grew by 22% compared to 2019.
- 536 TWh were traded on the European power derivatives markets. The French and Hungarian futures largely contributed to this result, both reporting triple-digit growth compared to 2019.
- The US power derivatives market recorded its 20th consecutive month of growth on a year-on-year basis, with a total volume of 142 TWh traded in March.
- The natural gas markets in Europe reported a new record volume of 277 TWh traded over the month (previous record: 263 TWh in July 2019).
- The gas spot segment achieved a total of 136 TWh with significant increases in the TTF, NBP and PEG market areas. The derivatives segment reported a 50% growth rate year-on-year, mainly driven by growth in the market areas CZ VTP, NCG, PEG and TTF.
- The freight segment continued its growth story for the fourth consecutive month, achieving a total of 90,758 contracts which is almost a 10-fold increase against the volume generated in March 2019
- The cumulative freight volume traded in the first quarter of 2020 (Jan-Mar) has exceeded the volume generated in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 combined.
EEX Group provides market platforms for energy and commodity products across the globe and provides access to a network of more than 650 trading participants. The group offers trading in power, natural gas, environmental products, freight, metals and agriculturals as well as subsequent clearing and registry services. EEX Group consists of European Energy Exchange (EEX), EPEX SPOT, EEX Asia, Power Exchange Central Europe (PXE) and Nodal Exchange as well as the registry provider Grexel Systems and the clearing houses European Commodity Clearing (ECC) and Nodal Clear. EEX Group is based in 17 worldwide locations and is part of Deutsche Börse Group. More information: www.eex-group.com