EEX Group Excellence Award
The EEX Group Excellence Award
This Award honors outstanding research papers that deal with current political, regulatory, technical or economic questions in the fields of energy and agricultural products as well as exchange trading of both. Moreover, the focus can also be on subjects of sustainability.
More information are available on our EEX Group website.
Winners of the EEX Excellence Award 2018
(Left to right: David Matthäus, Martin Kristiansen, Abdul Kader Khalil, Hans Schermeyer, Maximilian Borning.)
This year, EEX presented the Excellence Award for five scientific papers.
- Abdul Kader Khalil, award winner, Brandenburg University of Technology
- Maximilian Borning, RWTH Aachen University
- Hans Schermeyer, award winner, Karlsruher Institute of Technology
- David Matthäus, award winner, Technical University of Munich
- Martin Kristiansen, award winner, NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
In their works, the award winners analysed the following subjects:
- “Development of an extended wind farm model and implementation proposal for application in the dispatcher training system”, master’s thesis by Abdul Kader Khalil, Brandenburg University of Technology
- “Assessment of flexibility options with the help of stochastic power market simulations”, master’s thesis by Maximilian Borning, RWTH Aachen University
- “Congestion management in energy systems shaped by renewable energies – studies regarding the curtailment of renewable energies and regarding sector coupling in a German distribution network”, dissertation by Hans Schermeyer, Karlsruher Institute of Technology
- “Auctions of Renewable Energy Support - A Real Options Approach”, research paper by David Matthäus, Technical University of Munich
- “A Mechanism for Allocating Benefits and Costs from Transmission Interconnections under Cooperation: A Case Study of the North Sea Offshore Grid”, research paper by Martin Kristiansen, Norwegian University of Science and Technology
The prerequisite is that the paper was completed in the second half of 2017 or was completed in 2018.
The EEX Excellence Award includes for each winner a financial prize of EUR 1,000 and the opportunity to attend the EEX Exchange Trader Course free of charge. The award can be presented for up to five theses which are convincing on account of their creativity and offer new approaches to solutions, in addition to a profound discussion of the problem.
If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to Juliane.Miedtank@eex.com.
Winners of the last years
© 2017 European Energy Exchange AG