Power Spot Market
The power spot markets for Germany/Austria, Luxembourg, the United Kingdom, France, the Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland are operated by EPEX SPOT, which was established as a joint-venture between EEX and the French Powernext. EPEX SPOT is based in Paris, with offices in Bern, Leipzig, London, Brussels, Amsterdam and Vienna.
EPEX SPOT Power Spot Market
- Short-term optimisation of procurement and sale up to 30 minutes before delivery.
- Secure and professional settlement of transactions – legally, technically and financially.
- Standardised products support the integration of renewable energies in the power market.
- Close co-operation with major Transmission System Operators (TSOs) ensures reliable physical fulfilment.
- Day-Ahead Auction | Germany/Austria, Luxembourg, France, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland
- Intraday | Germany/Austria, France, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland
New: EPEX Capacity Auctions
Following the introduction of a capacity mechanism in France, EPEX SPOT set up an organised market for auctions for French capacity guarantees.
The first auction was held in December 2016.
© 2016 European Energy Exchange AG