EEX Group offers spot and derivatives trading for a variety of European power market areas. On the spot market, the purchases and sales can be optimised up until 30 minutes before delivery. On the derivatives market, trading participants can hedge against future price change risks up to six years in advance.
In addition to that, EEX offers products that provide more trading flexibility against the background of the rising share of renewables in the power mix.
"EEX runs Europe’s most liquid and international cleared power market."
Tim Greenwood, Head of Sales Power & Emissions
Advantages of Trading Power at EEX and EPEX SPOT
- Exchange-trading and Trade Registration Service for financially settled power futures for Germany/Austria (Phelix Futures), France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, United Kingdom (UK Futures) and the Nordic Market; Trade Registration for Greece and Romania
- Options on Phelix Futures, French Futures, Italian Futures, Nordic Futures and Spanish Futures
- Maturities offered for trading comprise Day, Weekend, Week, Month, Quarter and Year Futures
- Trade Registration Services for financially settled power futures for Greece and Romania
Power Products offered at EEX and EPEX SPOT
· Day-Ahead Auction (DE/AT/L, FR, UK, NL, B, CH)
8am- 6pm CET
· Phelix-Futures (DE/AT)
· Day Futures
· Week Futures
· Month Futures
© 2017 European Energy Exchange AG