“Our Trade Registration service for Dry Bulk Freight Futures provides clients with a powerful instrument to hedge against price fluctuations in this volatile market, while at the same time minimizing their cost of clearing through margin offsets for power, thermal coal and freight on a regulated market.”
Thomas Schmitz, Head of Sales Freight, Coal, Clearing & ISVs
Dry Bulk Freight Futures
The EEX trade registration service provides the shipping industry with a legal framework for registering trades in dry bulk freight derivatives and options under the rule book of a regulated market in Europe.
Additionally, clients benefit from the fast and efficient clearing services of European Commodity Clearing (ECC), including EMIR trade reporting and the offsetting of margin requirements with other positions in energy derivatives. Significant cost advantages can be achieved through cross-margining of power, coal and freight products.
Advantages for traders
- Access to over 250 potential counterparties worldwide
- Cooperation with the leading freight brokers in the market
- Fast and reliable Straight-Through Processing (STP) for Trade Registration via EFETnet Clearing Registration Service (“eXRP”), CLTX Portal, Trayport® “Hosted Clearing Link” and Trigonal “Trade Manager”
- As a regulated market, EEX enables the registration and clearing of FFAs as futures contracts.
- Registered trades will not be considered for the EMIR clearing threshold.
- Cash settlement against the market benchmarks as published by The Baltic Exchange
- Safe and reliable clearing and settlement via ECC
- Cross-margining with power, coal and other ECC cleared commodities provides substantial savings on initial margin payments.
- Efficient risk management through daily calculation of scanning range
- ECC offers a full suite of post-trade services including EMIR Trade Reporting.
Access to EEX Freight
- Choose an ECC Clearing Member that is able to take up trades from the brokers on your behalf.
- Start Trade Registration the moment your account is open.
- Existing members only need to inform their Clearing Member of their interest to trade EEX Freight and set up new traders if required.
Trade Registration Hours
Trade Registration hours for Freight Futures and Options are between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm CET.
EEX Freight Futures
EEX Freight Options
© 2016 European Energy Exchange AG