Admission to Trading and Clearing
Admission to exchange trading and clearing
Depending on the markets in which you wish to trade, you have to be admitted to the respective EEX Group exchange or exchanges. In addition to exchange membership, admission to clearing at ECC is also required.
Preconditions for admission
In order to become an EEX participant various admission requirements must be met. The preconditions for admission as a trading participant at EEX are regulated in section 14 of the EEX Exchange Rules as well as in section 19 (4) of the German Exchange Act (BörsG). Admission can be applied for separately for the individual exchange markets and products. If you need more information, please see our membership options.
A company may only trade at the EEX markets and register trade registration transactions after admission to the exchange and the clearing house ECC.
- Recognition as a trading participant by the clearing house of EEX, European Commodity Clearing AG (ECC)
- Proof of personal reliability and professional qualifications of the person(s) holding management authority
- Liable equity of at least € 50,000
- Admission of, at least, one trader who has proven personal reliability and provided proof of the required professional qualifications (e.g. through the EEX exchange trader examination)
- Technical connection to the trading system(s)
What are the steps for admission in detail?
Prices and fees
© 2017 European Energy Exchange AG