Cooperation EEX and Eurex
EEX and the international derivatives exchange Eurex have been cooperating in trading of energy and related products since December 2007. Within this cooperation, Eurex Participants are enabled to trading certain products that are listed at the EEX. Thereby, the existing infrastructure can be used and the participants pass a simplified admission process.
Following products can be traded for exchange and OTC-trading in context of the cooperation:
- European-Carbon-Futures (EUA Futures)
- Phelix Futures and Options
- French Financial Power Futures
- Natural Gas Futures for the market areas GASPOOL and NCG
- European Aviation Allowances (EUA Futures) and Emission Reduction Units (ERU Futures)
- ARA and RB Coal Futures
Please find details on all products in the Products and Fees section .
The cooperation combines EEX's markets and expertise in energy trading with the global network of members of the financial markets from Eurex. This leads to significant benefits for the trading participants of both exchanges.
- Access to a global distribution network with better liquidity, quality and transparency of the markets
- Easy connection due to the usage of the existing Eurex infrastructure
- Support of alternative front-ends, existing order-routing systems and the industrial standard Trayport GlobalVision™
- Clearing through either European Commodity Clearing AG (ECC) or Eurex Clearing AG (ECAG)
- Bilateral closed transactions can be entered into the trading system. Clearing will be processed automatically
- High safety standards in trading and clearing that have wheathered all cases of abuse in the carbon market to date
- Possibility of participation in the EUA Primary Market Auction at the Derivatives Market
Eurex participants have to pass a simplified admission process at EEX.
Please contact the persons listed on the right in case of any questions.