Training courses for the exchange trader license
If you wish to be admitted to the EEX Spot and Derivatives Markets as an exchange trader, you have to pass the exchange trader examination. You have the following possibilities to pass this exam:
- "EEX Exchange Trader" training course – Please only select this training course if you already have comprehensive experience in exchange trading. We will make documents available for your individual preparation. We will answer your questions in a voluntary preparatory workshop.
- "EEX Exchange Trader Certificate Course" – The specialist knowledge is taught in depth in a detailed training course. In addition, we will provide training documents for you to assist in your further preparation.
- "EEX Spot Market Emissions" training course – Please select this course if you wish to obtain an "Auction only" of "Emission only" admission to EEX.
The following training course needs to be taken and the relevant examination passed successfully for admission to the EPEX SPOT Power Spot Market:
Further training courses
In addition to the training courses which are relevant for attaining the exchange trader license, we offer a range of training courses for your further personal education:
- EEX General Training – In this course, you will gain fundamental knowledge regarding the companies of EEX Group and trading on the exchange.
- EEX Training "Clearing" – You will be provided with detailed information regarding the settlement of transactions by ECC.
- Principles of options trading on EEX
- EEX training on the accounting according to the German Commercial Code (HGB) and the IFRS
Visitor groups and lectures
In order to provide you with individual information regarding EEX we provide you with the opportunity to find out more about the exchange during a visit to us.
Moreover, you can book our trainers for a lecture at your premises. The lectures are tailored specifically to your requirements.
Of course, there will be sufficient time to answer your questions in all sessions offered. Further information is provided under "Visitor groups and lectures".
Training course venues
There are two options for the training course referred to above:
- Public event - Dates and venues are determined by EEX. Travelling and accomodation expenses have to be met by the participants. Current dates are provided on the appropriate page of the respective training course details.
- In-house training course - The facilities are provided by you. You can inquire as to available dates by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Please remember that an additional fee is charged for organising an in-house training course. Price information is provided on the page containing detailed information on the respective training course.
In accordance with Article 6 of the EEX Admission Rules, the Management Board of the Exchange has appointed the following examination board:
- Ekkehard Will (chairman of the examination board)
- Steffen Köhler
- Norbert Anhalt